Homebirth & Community Birth Center
Doula Support Services
Holistic. Positive. Informed.
The birth of a child is a transformative life event. It is emotional, spiritual, and physiological.
As a person giving birth, you know what is best for you, your baby, and your family.
We are honored to join you on that journey and to support you and your family during one of the
intimate experiences of your life.
Calm confidence, strong connection, and better outcomes
The Harmony Doula Group has over 17 years of experience supporting homebirths. It is a fundamental priority
of ours and something in which we strongly believe and value in our community.
Our doula support
takes a collaborative approach.We listen to your values, hopes, and needs. We work together to support you in a way that you choose,
so that you can have the most positive and empowered birth experience.
In the days, weeks, or months before you welcome a baby, the Harmony Doula Group team is
working to build a strong, connected relationship of trust with you.
Wherever your choose to have your baby, either at home or at a community birthing center, we join your birth care team whenever you need us.
Here's what you get with Homebirth or Community Birth Center Doula Services:
Our Homebirth & Community Birth Doula Package is intended for people delivering with a Licensed Midwife (LM or CPM)
who may want preparation and education for themselves and/or their partner about birth, their choices and options in a
homebirth setting, comfort and relaxation methods, and an expert birth doula team for in-person support.
- Initial consultation to discuss your birth plans and how we can help
- Unlimited text, phone, and email support
- One doula team member designated for your prenatal questions and support
- Access to our digital lending library of pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and parenting resources
- Welcome and encouraged attendance our group classes: childbirth education classes with
relaxation/comfort measures, pelvic floor and bodywork exercises to prepare for birth, partner communication, and birth and postpartum
plan counseling, as well as as lactation and newborn
parenting education. Private one-on-one classes can be added for an additional fee
- Handouts and videos on acupressure and other body balancing techniques
Labor & Birth Support
- The Harmony Doula Team on-call 24/7 starting from 37 weeks
- Phone, text, and video chat or in-person support during early labor
- Continous in-person support in labor whenever needed
- Use of the items in our Doula Tool Kit, such as a TENS unit, rebozos, acupressure, comfort touch massage and body balancing,
peanut ball, our house blend aromatherapy massage oils and sitz bath herbs, and more
- Help to your midwife to clean up after a homebirth
- Use of our birth stool
- Open and respectful communication with your midwife to ask clarifying questions or to advocate for you in
whatever way you request
- Support with initial feeding (breastfeeding or chestfeeding) and early bonding in the first few hours
- Check-ins on the first day postpartum to discuss newborn and postpartum recovery expectations
- In-person visit on the third or fourth day postpartum to process the birth, and assist with lactation (if desired)
- Weekly check-ins from the first through sixth week to make sure you're off to a good start, to discuss and help process your birth experience,
to discuss any concerns or worries, and to offer support and guidence
- Welcome participation in our weekly Birth & Postpartum Support Group video chat (Every Wednesday at 9:30am).
- Families who want more intensive postpartum support are encouraged to consider virtual or in-person postpartum doula services
Investment: Sliding Scale $1800-3000
- Everyone deserves a doula. The Harmony Doula Group is strongly committed to helping homebirth families afford
doula care. Because we know that most people choosing out-of-hospital births are paying out-of-pocket for their
midwife, we offer a significantly reduced rate sliding scale to those who need it.
Read more about how our sliding scale works.